Well, I caved and decided to start a blog. I’ve been thinking about it for more than a month now, but I’ve been afraid that it will take over my life and keep me from getting the more important things done!
My main inspiration to get started here was reading Kristen’s posts at thefrugalgirl.com. I am inspired by her commitment to simple, frugal, and Godly living. If you’ve never come across her blog, I would highly recommend it! This blog is stuffed with great recipes, craft ideas, and ways to live greenly and frugally. I can’t say that living greenly has been a huge priority for me so far, but after reading some of her posts I started noticing the trash that piles up in the expanses of desert out here.
Overall, here’s what you can expect to see around here:
1. LOTS of baking. I love making yeast breads and kneading dough by hand!
2. Some sewing and crafting, as time allows. My next project is to make some curtains for the house we recently moved into.
3. Snippets about homeschooling. We will start our homeschooling adventure this fall with our eldest, who will be 4. He is already starting to read and it seems like he is rearing to go!
4. Food waste Friday. As demonstrated at thefrugalgirl.com, logging food waste once a week is a great way to motivate oneself to reduce waste.
5. Gardening. I moved here too late in the spring to start this year, but I’m planning on doing some Square Foot Gardening starting next spring. You can read more about this kind of gardening here: http://www.squarefootgardening.com/ This type of gardening is a great option in the desert because by mixing soil in raised beds, you can reduce the problems caused by a dry, sandy landscape. I’m very excited to start gardening next year!
6. Animals. We plan to raise meat rabbits, chickens, and possibly pigs in the future. I’m still gathering information and supplies for this project.
7. Faith and Spiritual Improvement. I am on this Earth to know and serve Christ, and my faith is a very important aspect of my day-to-day life. My goal is to glorify God through all of my actions and works.
8. Kids, kids kids! My life revolves around my darling children. Currently, Dom is about 3 1/2, Sammi is 2 1/2, and Rachael just turned 1. They keep me very busy!
Welcome to the blog, I hope you enjoy what you find here!